Cara Gilman, Yoga Teacher, Running Coach, Cycle Instructor
I am so excited to announce the newest addition to the Marathon Coalition coaching staff.
Cara Gilman is not only an experienced marathon runner, she’s a certified yoga teacher and cycle instructor. With 8 marathons under her belt, she knows the importance of a well-balanced training plan, one that not only gets you to the finish line but also gets you there over and over again.
She teaches a wide range of classes, from vinyasa yoga to yoga for runners to hip hop yoga. A teacher and coach by nature, Cara brings inspiration and optimism to everyone she touches. Her high energy is contagious and she can’t wait to share it with the Marathon Coalition.
- Named Competitor Magazine’s 2013 Top Yoga Instructor
- 8 Marathons completed (3 Boston Marathons, 2 Chicago Marathons, 2 Philadelphia Marathons, 1 New York City Marathon)
- Ran for Team Fox (Michael J. Fox Foundation) in 2014 Chicago Marathon and raised $7,000
- Featured in Boston Magazine (http://www.bostonmagazine.com/health/blog/2013/08/07/hip-hop-yoga-boston-cara-gilman/)
- Featured in BostInno (http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/03/13/health-and-fitness-tips-from-an-instructor-in-boston-cara-gilman/)
- Ambassador for lululemon, Sweetgreen, Newton Running
- Hydration Specialist for Essentia Water
- To learn more about Cara, follow her on Facebook, Twitter or visit her website at www.caragilman.com.